About Dynamic Balance
– William Augustus Hare“Half the failures in life arise from pulling in one’s horse as he is leaping.”
Healing with the Whole Horse in Mind
Dynamic Balance Equestrian is Lyz Rudolph-Michaels, a horse trainer, coach, and animal structural alignment specialist. Lyz works in two ways: teaching people to communicate clearly and effectively with their horses, and working with the horses to help improve their performance, comfort, and freedom of movement.
Dynamic Balance clients are people who are willing to do what it takes to have happy, healthy horses.
The result of our work is enhanced relationships between people and horses.
- Director at Large on the board of the Horse Protection Society of BC
- President of the BC Association of Animal Massage and Bodywork Practitioners (2016 – 2018)
- University of Guelph Equine Welfare Certificate with Distinction (2017)
- Certified Level 1 Thermographer from The Infraspection Institute (2016)
- Certified Equine Thermal Imager from United Infared (2016)
- CHA certified instructor Level 2 English and Western (updated and current since 2002)
- Chris Irwin Certified coach and trainer Silver Level groundwork and riding skills (2003-2016)
- University of Guelph Diploma of Equine Studies (Including Equine Science Certificate) with Distinction (2006, 2010)
- University of Guelph Certificate of Equine Business with Distinction (2010)
- Certificate of Equine Therapy from Helen J Woods School of Equine Studies (2010)
- St John’s Ambulance standard first aid (updated and current since 2002)
Lyz has been involved with horses her whole life and discovered a passion for coaching in her late teens after the purchase of her first horse. Dynamic Balance Equestrian was established in 2004 and has been evolving ever since.
In 2010 Lyz became a certified Equine Therapist and structural alignment therapy is now the main focus of her work. She still offers coaching and training but has shifted to a more alignment related riding style. Lyz has taught riders and horsepeople of all ages and disciplines and has worked with horses of all breeds and types.
For all our Fuzzy Friends
In addition to horses, Lyz offers structural alignment work for dogs, cats, cows, goats, and any other animal that might need it. (Fish, turtles, and humans exempt!)
Structural alignment can benefit every animal, allowing peak performance free of pain, discomfort and tension. Whether you are looking to alleviate a chronic or acute injury, strengthen a weakness, or just looking to give your companion an enjoyable, refreshing experience, Dynamic Balance Equestrian is happy to help.
- Evelyn Mckelvie
- Chris Irwin
- Tina Marie Barnes
- Katrina Per
- Tina Eterman
- Eunice Rousseau
- Emilee Michaud
- Amber Prince
- Brittany Linnett
Evelyn Mckelvie | Executive Coach | www.equinecoach.ca
Chris Irwin | World Renowned Equine Behaviourist | www.chrisirwin.com
Tina Marie Barnes | Way of the Medicine Horse | www.thirteenmoonsfarm.com
Katrina Per | Manager and Coach at Capriole Academy | www.caprioleacademy.com
Lyz was very knowledgeable and professional, she was very good with our little guy and as well as working on him she gave us exercises, stretches and massages that we could do between her visits.
Her treatments helped his movement and I would recommend Lyz to anyone who is looking for some relief for their equine partners. ”
My horse sustained some major trauma that Lyz helped us work through. Lyz has adjusted my horse from head to tail, and she is now moving pain-free and balanced. We still get several adjustments a year just to keep things on track.
If you think your horse is in pain or off-balance, I highly recommend you give Lyz a call and have her do an assessment. We can’t thank you enough Lyz! Diva and I have also done training with Lyz to work on our focus and balance. She is always so patient and has really helped us with our ring work. I love her positive work ethic and training methods, she’s calm and so skilled.
My horse loves her and that is saying alot! I fully recommend Lyz for lessons and training for riders of all levels”
Lyz is highly professional, very reliable, and fun to boot. She is passionate about the work she performs and she genuinely cares about your horse. My personal experiences include maintenance on two horses and a badly injured dog (hairline fracture in the neck) and all three benefited from her adjustments.
Lyz was my structural alignment specialist for a little over two years and I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her whole heartedly. You won’t find a more dedicated, knowledgeable person. Now if only she could teleport to the Kootenays regularly I’d continue to hire her!”